“You think it will never happen to you, that it cannot happen to you, that you are the only person in the world to whom none of these things will ever happen, and then, one by one, they all begin to happen to you, in the same way they happen to everyone else.”
Paul Auster recently spent two days in Macmillan Audio’s recording studio reading the audiobook of his latest, WINTER JOURNAL. A bookend to his now-classic THE INVENTION OF SOLITUDE, WINTER JOURNAL will go on sale August 21 from Henry Holt, and Paul will tour nationally for the book. Until then, here’s a video our friends at Macmillan Audio shot of Paul in the recording studio.
- jhermann likes this
- mebbee likes this
- granta reblogged this from picadorbookroom and added:
- brianmlatimer likes this
- elvis-shrugged reblogged this from picadorbookroom and added:
- restorationtoday likes this
- lonelytranquility reblogged this from picadorbookroom
- teenskyscraper likes this
- adeana likes this
- livefromthenypl reblogged this from picadorbookroom
- picadorbookroom posted this
THE PICADOR BOOK ROOM is a group publishing blog maintained by the employees of Picador Books. Any views expressed in these posts are those of the authors listed below.